Our general customer service standards
We apply the following standards to all our services.
In general our staff will:
- be trained in customer care and will be required to achieve Institute of Customer Service qualifications
- resolve 80% of your enquires at the first point of contact
- deal with all your requests, enquiries and concerns within our target timescales, which are given in more detail in the specific service parts of the handbook and on our website
- be courteous and friendly whenever we speak to you
- be neatly dressed
- carry and show you our name and photo-identification badges at all times
- give our name whenever we are communicating with you
- treat your enquiry strictly in confidence, unless you agree we can pass it to others to help provide you with a service; or unless the law requires us to give information, for example for the protection of vulnerable adults and children or the detection of crime.
When you telephone us, we will:
- aim to answer all telephone calls within 5 rings, confirm you have got through to Gloucester City Homes, give you our name and ask you if we can help you
- respond within one working day to requests for a telephone call back.
When you write, email or fax us, we will:
- respond to all letters within 5 working days
- respond to all emails and faxes within 1 working day.
When you visit us at our offices, we will:
- see you at our reception desks within 5 minutes of your arrival
- see you on time if you have made an advanced appointment
- offer you private interview facilities if your enquiry is confidential
- provide clear information on the outside of the building on how to contact us by other means, and show our normal office opening hours, for people who visit our offices outside normal working hours
- when we are closing the office for special reasons such as bank holidays, normally put up notices advertising the changed opening times at least 5 working days before they take effect.
When we contact you, we will:
- give our name, job and reason for contacting you
- use plain language in a format of your choosing
- give you clear contact information for you to reply to us.
When we visit you, we will:
- make and keep an appointment with you
- tell you in good time if circumstances outside our control prevent us from keeping an appointment
- show you our identity card and encourage you to check that it is valid if you are not sure
- leave a calling card with our name and contact number if you are out.
In return we ask that you:
- are polite when speaking to our staff
- do not use foul or abusive language
- be patient with us at very busy times
- provide information when we ask for it, which will speed up your inquiry
- attend appointments on time, to avoid delaying other customers.
Thank you for your help and co-operation.
Select this link to download our Customer Service Standards leaflet.
For further information on how we ensure that we communicate with you on a regular basis in an effective way - have a look at our Marketing & Communication Strategy.